Aligned with AfroCentric Health's strategy to grow revenue from beyond the borders of South Africa, we have established a strong presence as Medscheme Namibia and in Botswana, Swaziland and Zimbabwe. We are also present in a number of other African countries where we are preparing for further growth and diversification.
Medscheme Africa has gained a wealth of expertise through 41 years of operating within the private healthcare sector. We offer tailor-made solutions, systems, processes and protocols to address each client’s unique requirements and strategic objectives within the legal and regulatory framework of each country.
Medscheme Africa’s approach
Our approach is to develop partnerships with our clients where we use local resources to develop unique solutions.
Our range of products and services include:
- Membership management
- Contribution management
- Claims administration
- Key accounts management
- Fund management
- Call centre management
- Walk-in centre management
- Electronic customer care services
- Special investigations (benefit exploitation, over servicing and fraud)
Health risk management
- Hospital authorisation
- Case management
- Disease management programmes
- Drug utilisation review
- Pharmacy benefit management
- Actuarial services (benefit design, pricing and utilisation management)
Third party administration
- Capacity to process medical fund membership and claims
- Capacity to process health insurance membership and claims
- Scalable and mobile administration system for medical fund administration
- Scalable and mobile administration system for health insurance administration
- Fund administration
- Managed care programmes review
- Medical fund set up
- Medical fund review
- Health insurance review
- Health provider network management
In our pursuit of expansion opportunities in Africa, we constantly seek to collaborate with potential partners to develop appropriate healthcare solutions for the continent.